Sunday, November 11, 2012

Last to know.

While finishing the other scene below I got distracted and felt like doing something a little simpler.



Thursday, October 25, 2012

and where I have really been spending my time...

Beeer.

This is still pretty new to me, but its paying off already.
in sweet black gold.


More Octane

Spent an hour messing with this again tonight which I tried out on an old model.
Making a little more sense, but as its all GPU powered I need to up my hardware, its taking a long time just for these grainy shots.



This is after cooking it a little longer


Monday, October 1, 2012

Octane Render

Had a quick test of this renderer that the sup on my current job directed me to. Very similar to Maxwell, but so far, more enjoyable than stabbing yourself in the face with a toothpick. Actually, quite enjoyable.
More to come, when I know more about it.



Been a looong time

Other than working, Ive been doing lots of boring tutorials and tests. Ive also tried to make this more of a non-cg project, but... who am I kidding...

This is something I smashed out this long weekend. Very much inspired by the job Im currently working on. I was seeing lots of great models of a city environment and just felt like having a crack at it. Everthing was done in a couple of days except the car... I dont know where that came from.


Obviously not finished, an some temp textures, and slapped in sky. Ill work over it in the next couple of days.
Textures from CGtexturs.com



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

creature WIPs

Some desk side WIPs from work... between rendering.





Console finished.

Just running a test animation. Will add any programming updates at a later date.


video



Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lifecast scan clean up

This is a 3d scan of the lifecast I had done of my own head (much easier than scan my actual head... and probably a little safer)
I required a fair bit of clean up but nothing that took too long, though it still needs some work. Ill add the plaster version as a comparison a little later.
More to come.


Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cab console LED buttons

lights and circuits installed

Under the hood


Got an arduino running a preset animation for now and noticing there are still some bugs. Will do for now.

video

Monday, January 30, 2012

Getting into everything "LED"
This project is an update on the buttons for the arcade cab.
Its quite easy to buy a controller for this, but I needed 2 things included that I couldnt find on one board. One was a fade or PWM control between the RGB outputs the other is that fact I want a heap of buttons (around 20). I also wanted to test it out for a much bigger project Im building. So I built this



This is basically 4x TLC5940 chips made for x64 outputs. As each LED I using has red, green, and blue there will need to be a output for each. So thats around 20 RGB LEDs.

Ive made my buttons (minus the 220k resistors that took me ages to solder in as I realised I dont need them with this setup... learning) and tested a couple here

video

All I have to do now is put it all together on my control panel... its gonna get messy.


A little update.
Wanted to test a bunch of the button to see how it affected the voltage. Good news is it doesnt seem to matter if I fill all the outputs. Bad news, it looks like one of the TLCs is bugging out; note the lack of 'fading' on the peripheral buttons...

video



Hoping to fix and assemble this guy on the weekend.